About Townsend Oil & Propane
Business Hours |
Company History |
Mission Statement |
News and Blogs |
TOWNSEND OIL & PROPANE GIVES BACK TO OUR COMMUNITIES
Here is an update on our recent fundraisers. A big "thank you"
to all our customers who helped make these efforts huge successes - and we wish you a very happy holiday season!
Give a New Toy to a Child in Need!
Donate to Toys for Tots
Townsend Oil & Propane is pleased to participate in the "Toys for Tots" program. Please bring new, unwrapped toys to our Danvers office, 27 Cherry Street, or our Georgetown office, 75 W. Main Street, from now until December 12, 2012.
Our offices are open for your donations from Monday through Friday during regular business hours.
The mission of what is officially known as the "U.S. Marine Corps. Reserve Toys for Tots Program," is to collect new, unwrapped toys during October, November and December each year, and distribute those toys as Christmas gifts to needy children in the community in which the campaign is conducted. You may visit the Toys for Tots website here
Thank you for your support!
Edna B.'s Chocolate Nut Chewies (Cookies)
- 1 package (6 oz.) semisweet chocolate pieces
- ½ cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 2/3 quick cooking oats-uncooked
- In top of a double boiler over hot, not boiling, water melt chocolate pieces. Remove from heat, set aside. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 2 cookie sheets. In a large bowl with mixer at medium speed cream butter or margarine and sugar until fluffy. Beat in egg, vanilla, and melted chocolate. Add flour, baking soda, and salt, then the walnuts and oats. Then bake till golden brown.
Dorothy Townsend's Sugar Cookies
- 2 ¾ cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 ½ cups white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Set mixture aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually blend in the dry ingredients that were set aside. Roll rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into balls and place onto an ungreased cookie sheet. (Note - for thinner sugar cookies press down the dough balls a little bit.)
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown. Let cookies cool down for 2 minutes before removing to cool on racks.
News and Blogs Archive
December 2011: TOWNSEND OIL & PROPANE GIVES BACK TO OUR COMMUNITIES
Spring 2010: BioPure™ Improves Heating Oil Performance, Lowers Heating Costs, and Protects the Environment
March 2009: Townsend Oil & Propane Makes Renewable Biofuel Available to Consumers
July 2006: Jim Townsend Appointed Chairman of NORA
March 2006: Outgoing NEFI President Will Remain A Voice For Oilheat's Future
Fall 2005: "TOTAL TOWNSEND" PROGRAM GETS A WARM RECEPTION FROM CUSTOMERS
April 7, 2003: James P. Townsend Elected NEFI President
October 15, 2009: WCVB-TV Highlights Townsend's Alternative Energy Move